Thursday 4 August 2011

tale of two gyms

Two gyms...no not the number that I have a membership to, but the world of difference from one side to the other. One side you have the steroid-blasting maniacs and on the other those that are here just for the sake of being there. There is no place for guys just trying to look better in the mirror. With that said, I didn't make that an excuse not to enter - I went in anyway. I decided that I am going to keep my cardio to a certain number of calories. Now, I'm not a calorie counter, I think that takes the composition of food out of the way, but I do use it in terms of effort. Now, I know treadmills and the like are highly inaccurate, so I put my weight in for what I hope to be the end of phase 1 (30lbs down) and figure that since I'm heavier, I'm burning about what flashes on the screen. The magic number is 300 calories, no more, no less. So I went in and did that and was satisfied. Added 10 assisted pull ups because those are my favourite, I like the idea of being able to pull myself off the ground. Anyway, went to the market and bought some char so we'll see how that goes. Lastly, got an interesting pancake recipe; 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1/3 cup egg whites and a 1/3 cup of something I can't remember, so I will definitely try that once I get the whole thing. I just got an e-mail from a trainer, so we'll see if that amounts to something. To the one (hopefully) two people reading this, let me know if you have any workout music suggestions. I hope to one day do music reviews, nothing lengthy or pretentious; just a scale from 1 to 10 with 3-4 lines of my thoughts. Oh yeah, I also (used to) make vlogs on Youtube, and some of my good friends are coming back and its really motivating me to make them again. We'll see... Is it weird that looking at the scales in the pharmacy made me want to take one out of the box and stand on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment